Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult (19 years or older) must accompany the patient to the office, drive the patient home, and stay with the patient until they have fully recovered.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, fingernail polish, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick or eye makeup on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with the oral surgeon prior to your surgical date for instructions.